From 1st January 2021, changes to rules around travel to Europe changed.

We have used the advice published by the website to produce this quick reminder of information that is relevant for UK travellers travelling to the YellowWood European destinations of Spain & Romania.

  1. Passport validity: Your passport must have been issued in the last 10 years & you need to have 6 months left before it expires, on your date of outward travel. You do not need a visa for short trips to Europe. You may not be able to use the EU/EEA passport lanes at the airport
  2. You need to have travel insurance with adequate healthcare cover - ABTA offers the following advice on finding the right travel insurance. If you have a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), it remains valid up to its expiry date. If you do not have an in date EHIC then you will need to apply for a Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC).
  3. If you are driving in Europe then you will need a Green card for insurance, available from your car insurance provider (who may charge you a small fee). Apply at least 1month before you travel. You will also need a GB sticker for your car. If you have a paper driving licence or a licence issued in Gibraltar or the Channel Islands, then you may also need an International Driving Permit (IDP), available from the Post Office.
  4. Rules around mobile phone data roaming have changed with some companies. Check with your mobile phone provider about their data roaming policy before you travel.
  5. At border control, you may need to show a return ticket, and that you have enough money for your stay
  6. You will not be able to take any meat, milk or products containing these items into the EU.