Operations Consultant, Adventure Travel
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Operations consultant to join a small but ambitious UK adventure travel company, focused on delivering a wide range of sustainable travel experiences.
We focus on excellent customer service, building strong positive relationships with our local operators, and being true to our ethos of delivering memorable, authentic travel experiences that ensure cultural and environmental understanding, in off the beaten track destinations around the world.
To apply please kindly send your CV & cover letter to: [email protected]
Role & Responsibilities include (not exhaustive)
- Effectively deliver and promote consistently high levels of customer service at all stages of the client journey.
- Assist with client enquiries, checking availability, in close working with the Director/Sales consultants.
- Manage the processing of a booking (including payments, invoices, and cancellations) and ensure excellent, warm, friendly, and open communication with our travellers at the booking stage, leading up to their adventure (flight, visa, health info, packing lists), and after their adventure (inviting feedback).
- Timely and accurate updating of our local operators on booking levels and client requirements
- Travel Trust Association administration; registration of bookings and processing of cancellations
- Processing supplier payments through the Travel Trust Association
- Adventure images management (website & Dropbox)
- Operational partner relationship management - Building effective relationships with our core local operators (DMCs) and charities through mutual respect, honest, open, and timely communication.
- Itinerary quality checking to ensure all aspects of an adventure are realistic and working well. Ensuring sufficient detail is known and recorded about each itinerary to manage the quality of the product and to accurately represent the itinerary to our clients.
- Collaborative itinerary risk assessment (training available) and working within an established Safety Management System to ensure a focus on our client’s safety and well-being on each adventure.
- Keeping the YellowWood website updated and accurate with detailed itinerary and departure information. Also maintaining accurate itinerary information on partner sales sites: Responsible Travel & Yugen-Earthside
- Timely and accurate information sharing with the small team of YellowWood Adventures International Mountain Leaders
- Asset and stock management: ensuring YellowWood Adventures equipment is where it needs to be, when it needs to be, and is stored and maintained.
- Personal development - Participate in any personal development and training that is identified to help you carry out your role more effectively, as well as delivering any team training within your areas of expertise as and when required.
- Legal and regulatory - Maintain records in line with current legislation, GDPR and Health and Safety
- Customer data excellence - Understand our operations data and maintain our data accurately on all our systems.
Personal Specification & Skills Required:
You will ideally have experience within a similar role, have excellent attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure. You will be highly organised with excellent time management and able to prioritise your workload.
We are looking for a genuine self-starter who has the ability, potential, and a thirst to learn and grow as the company builds back up to meet the demand for travel next year. You will work closely with the Founder/Director.
- Someone who is organised and detail oriented
- Someone who has strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills who's energetic and focused
- Confident use of Microsoft Word & particularly Excel (spreadsheet functionality)
- A people person who thrives on building personal connections with local operators and charities within all our destinations
- Someone who has a strong desire to expand and acquire new skills
- Proactive with problem solving skills
- Focused on the future of sustainable travel and the benefits of travel